*This Post may contain affiliate Links, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you using such links. *
You know that feeling when you wake up and just can’t get motivated? We’ve all been there. There are some simple ways to inspire yourself and boost your motivation. In this article, we’ll share 15 Positive Motivation Examples that you can use to energize yourself. These motivational techniques are easy to implement and have proven effective.
So next time you’re feeling unmotivated, don’t despair. Try a few of these motivation boosters, and you’ll be back to your motivated self in no time. Staying motivated is key to success and happiness, so make these motivational examples a habit, and you’ll be well on your way to achieving your goals and dreams.
Table of Contents
What is positive motivation, and why does it matter?
Positive motivation is all about focusing on the good to inspire yourself. Why does it matter? Because it works.
- Motivating yourself positively makes you feel better about yourself and what you’re trying to achieve. You build confidence and optimism.
- It also helps you push through challenges and setbacks. You view them as temporary rather than permanent.
- Positive motivation leads to resilience and grit. You become determined to succeed, no matter what gets in your way.
In short, positive motivation makes you feel empowered and helps you achieve more. It’s a habit that pays off in all areas of life, so start practicing it today. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones, and watch your motivation and results soar.
Positive Motivation Examples
Everything begins inside you. No matter how hard others motivate you , its always in your hand to stay motivated. These are few positive motivation examples you can follow.
1. Rewarding Yourself
Reward yourself for achieving your goals and milestones. You deserve it!
- Treat yourself to your favorite snack or meal. Nothing motivates like the promise of chocolate or pizza.
- Do an activity you enjoy, like reading a book, taking a bath, or calling a friend. Make time for the little things that recharge you.
- Buy yourself something you’ve been wanting, within reason. Retail therapy works.
- Plan an experience like going to see a movie, visiting a museum, or getting a massage. Experiences create lasting memories.
- Simply reflect on how far you’ve come. Take pride in your progress and let it motivate you to continue improving.
Rewarding yourself along the way will keep you going strong.
2. Set meaningful goals.
To stay motivated, set specific and meaningful goals. Ask yourself:
- What do I want to accomplish? Set both short-term and long-term goals. Start with small milestones to achieve each day and week. Then determine your bigger goals for the month, year, and next 5–10 years.
Having a purpose will inspire you to take action. Review and revise your goals regularly to stay on track. Celebrate small wins along the way! Achieving goals, no matter how small, releases dopamine, which makes you feel good and keeps you motivated for continued progress.
3. Practice positive self-talk.
Replace negative thoughts with more constructive ones. Say things like:
- “I can do this!”
- “I will learn from my mistakes.”
- “This will make me stronger.”
- “I’m not good enough.”
- “I always mess up.”
- “This is too hard.”
4. Read inspiring books.
Fill your mind with motivational stories and advice. Some excellent options include:
This classic book provides a holistic, integrated approach to achieving success and true effectiveness.
This timeless book has inspired millions to achieve success through positive thinking and perseverance.
This allegorical novel teaches you to follow your dreams and listen to your heart.
Provides advice for women on how to achieve their career goals and overcome obstacles in the workplace. Her message of empowerment and equality is inspiring for all.
Reading books like these, filled with motivational messages and real-world advice, will fill you with determination and help you push through challenges. Let the stories of others who have achieved their dreams inspire your journey of self-improvement and success.
5. Listen to motivational music.
Listening to high-energy, empowering music is a great way to inspire motivation. Play some of your favorite motivational music when you need an extra push to get started on a task or project. Songs with a strong beat and empowering lyrics about overcoming challenges or achieving your goals are ideal.
Artists like Eminem, Beyoncé, BTS and Imagine Dragons are great for pumping up your motivation. Make a playlist of 3 to 5 motivational songs and play them on repeat while you work. The upbeat music will boost your mood and motivation, helping you power through whatever it is you need to accomplish.
6. Watch inspiring movies and videos.
Watching inspiring movies and videos is a great way to motivate yourself. Some recommendations:
The Pursuit of Happiness: This is a story of a man who overcomes homelessness and struggles to build a better life for his son is deeply moving and motivating.
TED Talks: TED Talks are short, powerful talks on a wide range of inspiring topics. Look for passion, motivation, grit, a growth mindset, and resilience. Speakers like Brene Brown, Simon Sinek, and Angela Lee Duckworth are highly motivating.
Inspirational movie montages: Search YouTube for “inspirational movie montages” or “motivational movie scenes.” You’ll find memorable clips from films like Braveheart, Gladiator, and 300 that will stir your inner hero.
7. Find an accountability partner.
Having an accountability partner can help keep you motivated. Find a friend or colleague with similar goals and check in regularly to share updates and provide support for each other. Make a plan to meet once a week or every other week to discuss your progress, challenges, and next steps.
Knowing someone else is relying on you can inspire you to follow through. An accountability partner can also celebrate your wins, big or small, and help you get back on track if you slip up.
8. Review your vision and purpose.
Take some time to review your vision and purpose. Why did you start this journey in the first place? What motivates and inspires you? Connecting back to your “why” can reignite your motivation and passion.
- Look through old photos, journals, or vision boards that capture your original hopes and dreams.
- Ask yourself questions like, Why did I choose this path? What impact do I want to make? What legacy do I want to leave behind?
- Share your purpose and vision with others. Speaking it aloud helps strengthen your resolve and commitment. Their support and encouragement can also motivate you to keep going.
Revisiting your vision and purpose fuels your motivation and gives you the drive to continue moving forward. Stay focused on the big picture, and let that guide you through any challenges or obstacles in your way.
9. Do something you love.
Doing something you genuinely enjoy and are passionate about will motivate you in ways that mundane tasks never could. Find a hobby or activity that ignites your creativity and excitement.
- Learn to play an instrument, start a garden, join a local sports league, or volunteer at an animal shelter. The options are endless.
- Make time for your interests and prioritize the things that bring you joy. Life is too short not to pursue your passions!
10. Help Others Through Philanthropy
Giving back to your community is one of the most rewarding ways to stay motivated. Donate your time or money to a cause you care about.
Volunteering at a local charity or non-profit organization is a great way to help others in need. You can offer your skills and talents to help them further their mission. Mentoring, fundraising, and organizing community events are other ways to get involved without a long-term commitment.
Donating money, goods, or services is another simple act that can make a big difference. See if your company offers gift matching for donations. Even small contributions to reputable charities and causes you support can help motivate you by giving you a sense of purpose.
Helping others gets your mind off your worries and boosts your self-esteem. It also connects you to like-minded people and leads to new opportunities and relationships. Make philanthropy a habit to stay inspired.
11. Exercise and eat healthily.
To stay motivated, take good care of yourself. Exercise releases endorphins, which improve your mood and act as natural antidepressants. Even taking a 30-minute walk can help. Eating a balanced diet with plenty of nutrients provides the energy you need to feel inspired.
Staying in shape and eating right are two of the best ways to motivate yourself. You’ll have the drive to pursue your goals and dreams when you feel good physically and mentally. Making healthy choices is essential to being your best, most motivated self.
12. Start your day early.
Waking up early allows you to get a head start on your day. Rise with the sun, and you’ll feel energized and ready to accomplish your goals.
- Start your morning routine and get ready for the day without feeling rushed. Enjoy a healthy breakfast, read, meditate, or exercise.
- Tackle important tasks first thing while your mind is fresh. You’ll feel a sense of accomplishment and motivation to continue progressing throughout the day.
- Avoid distractions and make the most of the peaceful morning hours. The earlier you start, the more you can achieve.
An early start sets the right mindset and momentum to inspire motivation and productivity. Make it a habit to rise a bit earlier each day, and you’ll soon reap the benefits of extra morning time.
13. Take some time for yourself.
Making time for yourself is one of the most important things you can do to stay motivated.
- Do something you enjoy, like reading a book, taking a bath, exercising, or calling a friend.
- Engage in self-care. Getting enough sleep, eating healthy, and exercising will boost your mood and motivation.
- Practice mindfulness. Spending just a few minutes a day focused on your breathing or the present moment can help reduce stress and increase motivation.
- Limit distractions. Take occasional breaks from technology and social media. Do one thing at a time and be fully present.
- Reflect on your goals and priorities. Remind yourself why you’re working hard and what you hope to achieve. Finding your purpose and passion will keep you motivated.
Taking good care of yourself will increase your motivation, productivity, and happiness. Make time for yourself a priority, and you’ll feel recharged and ready to accomplish your goals.
14. Focus on progress, not perfection.
When working to achieve your goals, it’s easy to become discouraged if you don’t see immediate results or perfection. Instead of being hard on yourself, focus on the progress you’re making every day. Celebrate small wins and milestones along the way. Doing so will keep you motivated and inspired to continue moving forward.
15. Learn to adapt to change.
Adaptability is the key to success and happiness. The world is constantly changing, so you must learn to adapt.
Go with the flow.
- Don’t resist change. Accept that change is inevitable and learn to adapt.
- Stay flexible in your thinking and open to new ideas.
- Look for opportunities for change rather than obstacles.
So there you have 15 examples of positive motivation to inspire yourself. The key is finding what works for you and sticking with it. Whether it’s creating vision boards, practicing gratitude, reading inspirational books, or pursuing a hobby, choose a few techniques to incorporate into your daily routine. Motivation is a muscle; the more you exercise it, the stronger it gets. Stay focused on your goals and keep putting one foot in front of the other. You’ve got this!
- TED Talks: 4200+ talks to stir your curiosity – Find just the right one, powered by ted.com
Call to Action
Remember, you already have everything within you to achieve amazing things. Now get out there and make it happen. The future is yours to create.
Let’s Boost your self-growth with Believe in Mind
Interested in self- reflection tips, learning hacks and know thyself with ways to calm down your mind; We offer you the best content which you have been looking for.
Your privacy is important to us